Cyclical behaviour of consumption of non-durable goods: Spain versus U.S.A
This paper studies the excessive volatility of Spanish aggregate non-durables consumption with relation to aggregate income. In this paper we stress the importance of non-durables imports over the variability of total non-durables consumption and we propose a theoretical model that formalizes the relation between domestic and imported consumption. The main finding of the paper is that a model of intertemporal optimization where there is no credit constrain or government can produce so high volatilities of consumption as the ones observed.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Albert Marcet & Morte O. Ravn, "undated". "The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons," Studies on the Spanish Economy 100, FEDEA.
- Marcet, Albert & Ravn, Morten O, 2004. "The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons," CEPR Discussion Papers 4244, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Albert Marcet & Morten O. Ravn, 2003. "The HP-Filter in Cross-Country Comparisons," Working Papers 32, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Albert Marcet & Morten O. Ravn, 2001. "The HP-filter in cross-country comparisons," Economics Working Papers 588, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 2003.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999. "Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BKFILTER: RATS procedure to implement band pass filter using Baxter-King method," Statistical Software Components RTS00026, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jorge Durán, 2003. "Discounting long run average growth in stochastic dynamic programs," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 22(2), pages 395-413, September.
- Duran, Jorge, 2000. "Discounting Long Run Average Growth in Stochastic Dynamic Programs," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000006, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Jorge Durán, 2002. "Discounting Long Run Average Growth In Stochastic Dynamic Programs," Working Papers. Serie AD 2002-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Duran, Jorge, 2001. "Discounting long run average growth in stochastic dynamic programs," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0101, CEPREMAP.
- Juan J. Dolado & Miguel Sebastián & Javier Vallés, 1993. "Ciclical patterns of the spanish economy," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 17(3), pages 445-473, September.
- Juan J. Dolado & Miguel Sebastián & Javier Vallés, 1993. "Cyclical Patterns of the Spanish Economy," Working Papers 9324, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Luis A. Puch & Omar Licandro, 1997. "Are there any special features in the Spanish business cycle?," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 21(2), pages 361-394, May.
- Luis Puch & Omar Licandro, "undated". "Are there any special features in the Spanish business cycles?," Working Papers 97-06, FEDEA.
- Lores, Francisco Xavier, 2001. "Growth and cyclical fluctuations in Spanish macroeconomic series," UC3M Working papers. Economics we014609, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Ellen R. McGrattan, 1998. "A defense of AK growth models," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 13-27.
- Fatas, Antonio, 2000. "Endogenous growth and stochastic trends," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 107-128, February.Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we014710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.