Inward Processing Trade and the Romanian foreign trade
The paper underlines the importance of the Inward Processing Trade (IPT), supporting it by the standard examples from South East Asia. The author tries to estimate the IPT for the case of Romania using the available data and taking into considerations the benefits both in the long and short run recommends a few policies, like adapting the information and statistical data to the requirements of accurate evaluations of IPT dimensions, introducing fiscal and non-fiscal incentives for the economic actors operating under IPT regime, creating an IPT promoting regime and implementing a supporting strategy for the companies operating under the IPT regime.
|Date of creation:||16 Sep 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lemoine, FranÃ§oise, 1998. "Integrating Central and Eastern Europe In the European Trade and Production Network," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt5r66s4ng, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Robert Feenstra & Gordon Hanson, 2001. "Global Production Sharing and Rising Inequality: A Survey of Trade and Wages," NBER Working Papers 8372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998.
"Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 986, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Robert C. Feenstra, . "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.