Changes in the monthly effects from the Romanian foreign exchange market
This paper investigates the systematic patterns displayed by the Romanian Foreign Exchange Market in some months of the year. In our analysis we employ monthly values of the Romanian national currency rates against the United States dollar and the euro. We find that since the Foreign Exchange Market settlement in Romania until present significant changes occurred in the monthly effects. We associate these changes to the new tend in the Romanian foreign trade and to the new monetary strategy of the central bank.
|Date of creation:||06 Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:||08 May 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth A. Froot & Takatoshi Ito, 1988.
"On the Consistency of Short-run and Long-run Exchange Rate Expectations,"
NBER Working Papers
2577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A. & Ito, Takatoshi, 1989. "On the consistency of short-run and long-run exchange rate expectations," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 487-510, December.
- Sidney B. Wachtel, 1942. "Certain Observations on Seasonal Movements in Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15, pages 184.
- Gordon Tang, 1998. "Monthly Pattern and Portfolio Effect on Higher Moments of Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence from Hong Kong," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 275-307, November.
- Agrawal, Anup & Tandon, Kishore, 1994. "Anomalies or illusions? Evidence from stock markets in eighteen countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 83-106, February.
- Mark, Nelson C, 1995. "Exchange Rates and Fundamentals: Evidence on Long-Horizon Predictability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 201-18, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521460477 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shinji Takagi, 1991. "Exchange Rate Expectations: A Survey of Survey Studies," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 156-183, March.
- Ronald Macdonald & Mark P. Taylor, 1992. "Exchange Rate Economics: A Survey," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(1), pages 1-57, March.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Ariel, Robert A., 1987. "A monthly effect in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 161-174, March.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Hiro Ito, 2002. "Capital Account Liberalization, Institutions and Financial Development: Cross Country Evidence," NBER Working Papers 8967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1993. "On Exchange Rates," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061546, June.
- Peter Reinhard Hansen & Asger Lunde & James M. Nason, 2005.
"Testing the significance of calendar effects,"
2005-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Officer, R. R., 1975. "Seasonality in Australian capital markets : Market efficiency and empirical issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-51, March.
- Rozeff, Michael S. & Kinney, William Jr., 1976. "Capital market seasonality: The case of stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 379-402, October.
- Gultekin, Mustafa N. & Gultekin, N. Bulent, 1983. "Stock market seasonality : International Evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 469-481, December.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Foreign Exchange," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 179-92, Summer.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521466004 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.