Short-term Dependence in Time Series as an Index of Complexity: Example from the S&P-500 Index
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arneodo, A. & Bacry, E. & Muzy, J.F., 1995. "The thermodynamics of fractals revisited with wavelets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 213(1), pages 232-275.
- Lobato, Ignacio N & Savin, N E, 1998.
"Real and Spurious Long-Memory Properties of Stock-Market Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 16(3), pages 261-268, July.
- Lobato, I.N. & Savin, N.E., 1996. "Real and Spurious Long Memory Properties of Stock Market Data," Working Papers 96-07, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- I.N. Lobato & N.E. Savin, 1996. "Real and Spurious Long Memory Properties of Stock Market Data," Econometrics 9605004, EconWPA, revised 26 Sep 1996.
- Invernizzi, Sergio & Medio, Alfredo, 1991. "On lags and chaos in economic dynamic models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 521-550.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2000. "Visualization of Chaos for Finance Majors," School of Economics Working Papers 2000-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose & Alvarez, Jesus & Rodriguez, Eduardo & Fernandez-Anaya, Guillermo, 2008. "Time-varying Hurst exponent for US stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(24), pages 6159-6169.
- Thomas Lux, 1996. "Long-term stochastic dependence in financial prices: evidence from the German stock market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(11), pages 701-706.
- Dominique, C-René & Rivera-Solis, Luis Eduardo, 2011. "Mixed fractional Brownian motion, short and long-term Dependence and economic conditions: the case of the S&P-500 Index," MPRA Paper 34860, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Medio,Alfredo & Gallo,Giampaolo, 1995. "Chaotic Dynamics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521484619, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dominique, C-Rene, 2013. "Estimating investors' behavior and errorsin probabilistic forecasts by the Kolmogorov entropy and noise colors of multifractal attractors," MPRA Paper 46231, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Apr 2013.
- Dominique, C-Rene & Rivera-Solis, Luis Eduardo, 2012. "The dynamics of market share’s growth and competition in quadratic mappings," MPRA Paper 43652, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominique, C-Rene, 2018. "Could Noise Spectra of Strange Attractors Better Explained Wealth and Income Inequalities? Evidence from the S&P-500 Index," MPRA Paper 84182, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsHurst Exponent; anti-persistence; fractal attractors; SDIC; chaos; inherent noise; market crashes; Renyi’s generalized fractal dimensions;
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2012-09-30 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2012-09-30 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .