Visualization of Chaos for Finance Majors
EÂ¤orts to simulate turbulence in the financial markets include experiments with the dynamic logistic parabola. Visual investigation of the logistic process show the various stability regimes for a range of the real growth parameter. Visualizations for the initial 20 observations provide clear demonstrations of rapid stabilization of the process regimes.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Adelaide SA 5005|
Phone: (618) 8303 5540
Web page: http://www.economics.adelaide.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cornelis A. Los, 1991. "A Scientific View of Economic Data Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 61-71, Jan-Mar.
- Jeyanthi Karuppiah & Cornelis A. Los, 2000. "Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis of High-Frequency FX Rates, Summer 1997," School of Economics Working Papers 2000-06, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Muller, Ulrich A. & Dacorogna, Michel M. & Olsen, Richard B. & Pictet, Olivier V. & Schwarz, Matthias & Morgenegg, Claude, 1990. "Statistical study of foreign exchange rates, empirical evidence of a price change scaling law, and intraday analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1189-1208, December.
- Karuppiah, Jeyanthi & Los, Cornelis A., 2005.
"Wavelet multiresolution analysis of high-frequency Asian FX rates, Summer 1997,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 211-246.
- Cornelis A. Los & Jeyanthi Karuppiah, 2004. "Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis of High-Frequency Asian FX Rates, Summer 1997," Finance 0409037, EconWPA.
- Cornelis A. Los, 1991. "A Scientific View of Economic Data Analysis: Reply," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 526-531, Oct-Dec.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adl:wpaper:2000-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dmitriy Kvasov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.