Análisis empírico de la función de demanda por gasolina en Puerto Rico: (1999-2006)
[Empirical analysis of the demand function for gasoline in Puerto Rico: (1999-2006)]
This paper makes an empirical analysis to the functional form derived from the demand function for gasoline in Puerto Rico. According to the structure of the gas market in Puerto Rico and the international context, we studied the consumption of gasoline based on an exercise of constrained optimization. The demand function for that model was the basis for the empirical development. According to empirical evidence gasoline consumption has a direct relationship with the price of gasoline, personal income and the number of motor vehicles and a negative relationship with respect to the unemployment rate.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Observatorio de la economía latinoamericana 171.N/A(2012): pp. 1-25|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neil R. Ericsson, 1991.
"Cointegration, exogeneity, and policy analysis: an overview,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
415, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ericsson, Neil R., 1992. "Cointegration, exogeneity, and policy analysis: An overview," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 251-280, June.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & Lütkepohl, Helmut, 2001.
"Testing for the cointegrating rank of a VAR process with structural shifts,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1998,82, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & Lutkepohl, Helmut, 2000. "Testing for the Cointegrating Rank of a VAR Process with Structural Shifts," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(4), pages 451-64, October.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Marvel, Howard P, 1978. "Competition and Price Levels in the Retail Gasoline Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 252-58, May.
- Johansen, S., 1991.
"Testing Weak Exogeneity and the Order of Cointegration in UK Money Demand Data,"
78, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Testing weak exogeneity and the order of cointegration in UK money demand data," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 313-334, June.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?,"
8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-28, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.