Slavery, Inequality, and Economic Development in the Americas: An Examination of the Engerman-Sokoloff Hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daron Acemoglu & María Angélica Bautista & Pablo Querubín & James A. Robinson, 2007. "Economic and Political Inequality in Development: The Case of Cundinamarca, Colombia," NBER Working Papers 13208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mitchener, Kris James & McLean, Ian W, 2003.
"The Productivity of US States since 1880,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 73-114, March.
- Kris James Mitchener & Ian W. McLean, 2001. "The Productivity of U.S. States Since 1880," School of Economics Working Papers 2001-08, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Kris James Mitchener & Ian W. McLean, 2003. "The Productivity of U.S. States Since 1880," NBER Working Papers 9445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Graziella Bertocchi, 2011.
"Growth, Colonization, and Institutional Development. In and Out of Africa,"
Center for Economic Research (RECent)
064, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 2011. "Growth, Colonization, and Institutional Development: In and Out of Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 8486, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bertocchi, Graziella, 2011. "Growth, Colonization, and Institutional Development: In and Out of Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 5856, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jan Luiten van Zanden, 2011. "In Good Company: About Agency and Economic Development in Global Perspective," Working Papers 23/2011, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2013.
"A cross-country analysis of electricity market reforms: Potential contribution of New Institutional Economics,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 239-251.
- Erdogdu, E., 2012. "A cross country analysis of electricity market reforms: potential contribution of New Institutional Economics," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1232, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2013. "A cross-country analysis of electricity market reforms: Potential contribution of New Institutional Economics," MPRA Paper 47496, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William F. Maloney & Felipe Valencia Caicedo, 2012.
"The Persistence of (Subnational) Fortune: Geography, Agglomeration, and Institutions in the New World,"
010017, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Maloney, William F. & Caicedo, Felipe Valencia, 2012. "The persistence of (subnational) fortune : geography, agglomeration, and institutions in the new world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6187, The World Bank.
More about this item
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-27 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .