Identification, Estimation and Specification in a Class of Semi-Linear Time Series Models
In this paper, we consider some identification, estimation and specification problems in a class of semi-linear time series models. Existing studies for the stationary time series case have been reviewed and discussed. We also establish some new results for the integrated time series case. In the meantime, we propose a new estimation method and establish a new theory for a class of semi-linear nonstationary autoregressive models. In addition, we discuss certain directions for further research.
|Date of creation:||08 Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:||14 May 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8355.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Inoue, Tomoo & Morin, Norman, 1997. "Nonlinear stochastic trends," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 65-92, November.
- Wang, Qiying & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2009.
"Asymptotic Theory For Local Time Density Estimation And Nonparametric Cointegrating Regression,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 710-738, June.
- Qiying Wang & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2006. "Asymptotic Theory for Local Time Density Estimation and Nonparametric Cointegrating Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1594, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jiti Gao & Maxwell King & Zudi Lu & Dag TjÃ¸stheim, 2009.
"Nonparametric Specification Testing for Nonlinear Time Series with Nonstationarity,"
School of Economics Working Papers
2009-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Gao, Jiti & King, Maxwell & Lu, Zudi & Tjøstheim, Dag, 2009. "Nonparametric Specification Testing For Nonlinear Time Series With Nonstationarity," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(06), pages 1869-1892, December.
- Terasvirta, Timo & Tjostheim, Dag & Granger, Clive W. J., 2010. "Modelling Nonlinear Economic Time Series," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199587155, March.
- Gao, Jiti & Gijbels, IrÃ¨ne, 2008.
"Bandwidth Selection in Nonparametric Kernel Testing,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 103(484), pages 1584-1594.
- Jiti Gao & Irene Gijbels, 2009. "Bandwidth Selection in Nonparametric Kernel Testing," School of Economics Working Papers 2009-01, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Ted Juhl & Zhijie Xiao, 2002.
"Partially Linear Models with Unit Roots,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1359, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Wang, Qiying & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2011. "Asymptotic Theory For Zero Energy Functionals With Nonparametric Regression Applications," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 235-259, April.
- Gao, Jiti & Tjøstheim, Dag & Yin, Jiying, 2013.
"Estimation in threshold autoregressive models with a stationary and a unit root regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 1-13.
- Jiti Gao & Dag Tjøstheim & Jiying Yin, 2011. "Estimation in threshold autoregressive models with a stationary and a unit root regime," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 21/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1995. "Nonparametric Estimation and Identification of Nonlinear ARCH Time Series Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality: Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 258-289, February.
- Carlos Martins-Filho & Santosh Mishra & Aman Ullah, 2008. "A Class of Improved Parametrically Guided Nonparametric Regression Estimators," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4-6), pages 542-573.
- Jia Chen & Jiti Gao & Degui Li, 2010. "Estimation in Semiparametric Time Series Regression," School of Economics Working Papers 2010-27, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Jiti Gao & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2011. "Semiparametric Estimation in Multivariate Nonstationary Time Series Models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 17/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Joon Y. Park & Peter C. B. Phillips, 1999.
"Nonlinear Regressions with Integrated Time Series,"
Working Paper Series
no6, Institute of Economic Research, Seoul National University.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.