Yet, two more revisions to the Human Development Index
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edsel Beja, 2014. "Yet, Two More Revisions to the Human Development Index," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 27-39, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Indranil Dutta & James Foster, 2011. "Inequality of Happiness in US: 1972-2008," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1110, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Bernard Praag, 2011.
"Well-being inequality and reference groups: an agenda for new research,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(1), pages 111-127, March.
- van Praag, Bernard M. S., 2010. "Well-being Inequality and Reference Groups: An Agenda for New Research," IZA Discussion Papers 4727, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bernard M.S. Van Praag, 2010. "Well-being Inequality and Reference Groups - An Agenda for New Research," CESifo Working Paper Series 2984, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bernard M.S. van Praag, 2010. "Well-Being Inequality and Reference Groups - An Agenda for New Research," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-015/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 03 Mar 2010.
- Suman Seth, 2009. "Inequality, Interactions, and Human Development," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 375-396.
- Shoutir Kishore Chatterjee, 2005. "Measurement of Human Development: an alternative approach," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 31-44.
- Paul Anand & Graham Hunter & Ian Carter & Keith Dowding & Francesco Guala & Martin Van Hees, 2009. "The Development of Capability Indicators," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 125-152.
- Néstor Gandelman & Rafael Porzecanski, 2013. "Happiness Inequality: How Much is Reasonable?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 257-269, January.
- W. Kalmijn & L. Arends, 2010. "Measures of Inequality: Application to Happiness in Nations," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 99(1), pages 147-162, October.
- Flavio Comim, 2005. "Capabilities and Happiness: Potential Synergies," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 63(2), pages 161-176.
- Sagar, Ambuj D. & Najam, Adil, 1998. "The human development index: a critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 249-264, June.
- Erik Schokkaert, 2007. "Capabilities and Satisfaction with Life," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 415-430.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beja, Edsel, 2014. "Measuring economic ill-being: Evidence for the ‘Philippine Misery Index’," MPRA Paper 59772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman Development Index; objective inequality; subjective inequality;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38939. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .