Human Development: Definitions, Critiques, and Related Concepts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sabina Alkire, 2010. "Human Development: Definitions, Critiques, and Related Concepts," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp036, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lant Pritchett, 2010. "Birth Satisfaction Units (BSU): Measuring Cross-National Differences in Human Well-Being," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2010-03, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gries, Thomas & Naudé, Wim, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship and human development: A capability approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 216-224.
- Gries, Thomas & Naudé, Wim, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and human development: A capability approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3-4), pages 216-224, April.
- Gries,Thomas & Naudé, Wim, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and Human Development: A Capability Approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 068, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Md Rafayet Alam & Erick Kitenge & Bizuayehu Bedane, 2017. "Government Effectiveness and Economic Growth," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 37(1), pages 222-227.
- Jürgen Volkert & Friedrich Schneider, 2011. "The Application of the Capability Approach to High-Income OECD Countries: A Preliminary Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 3364, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pelenc, Jérôme & Ballet, Jérôme, 2015.
"Strong sustainability, critical natural capital and the capability approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 36-44.
- Jérôme Ballet & Jérôme Pelenc, 2015. "Strong sustainability, critical natural capital and the capability approach," Post-Print hal-01187302, HAL.
- repec:zbw:espost:169372 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cmj:seapas:y:2017:i:13:p:109-125 is not listed on IDEAS
- Husain, Zakir & Dutta, Mousumi & Saha, Manashi, 2011. "Gender disparities in primary education across siblings: is intra household disparity higher in regions with low child sex ratios?," MPRA Paper 30791, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doctorovich Anatoly Borisovich & Kushlin Valery Ivanovich & Ustenko Victoria Sergeevna, 2014. "International experience of development and realization of the strategy of human resources management," Published Papers nvg111, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Rita Silva & Alexandra Ferreira-Lopes, 2014. "A Regional Development Index for Portugal," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 118(3), pages 1055-1085, September.
- repec:ksp:journ1:v:4:y:2017:i:2:p:215-218 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tatiana Tikhomirova & Ani Sukiasyan, 2014. "Modified Estimates Of Human Potential In The Regions Of Russian Federation Taking Into Consideration The Risks Of Health Losses And Social Tensions," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(4), pages 164-177.
More about this item
Keywordshuman development; capability approach; Millennium Development Goals; human security; human rights; inequality; environment; happiness; process freedom;
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- B5 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
- F0 - International Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2010-06-26 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HRM-2010-06-26 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdr:papers:hdrp-2010-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hdundus.html .