Concentration in ICTs sector – cross country analysis
In the chapter below, the author presents inequalities in sector of new information and communication technologies. Having in mind inequalities we can also discuss concentration issues, and the concentration itself is a problem to which the author refers on first place. The paper is organized as following: first basic measures of concentration are defined, after we can read a discussion referring to concentration in ICTs sector when R&D expenditures are considered. Consequently the author analyzes basic concentration where use and application of ICTs goods and services are taken into account. To analyze the inequalities and concentration, traditional measures are applied, like: Gini coefficient, Hirschman-Herfindahl Index, and Concentration Ratio.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Victor Tremblay & Natsuko Iwasaki & Carol Tremblay, 2005. "The Dynamics of Industry Concentration for U.S. Micro and Macro Brewers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(3), pages 307-324, December.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Daniel E. Sichel, 2000.
"The resurgence of growth in the late 1990s: is information technology the story?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Daniel E. Sichel, 2000. "The resurgence of growth in the late 1990s: is information technology the story?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andrei Medvedev & Alena Zemplinerová, 2005. "Does Competition Improve Performance? Evidence from the Czech Manufacturing Industries," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(4), pages 317-330.
- Georg Götz & Klaus Gugler, 2006. "Market Concentration and Product Variety under Spatial Competition: Evidence from Retail Gasoline," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 225-234, December.
- Georg Goetz & Klaus Gugler, 2004. "Market Concentration and Product Variety under Spatial Competition: Evidence from Retail Gasoline," CESifo Working Paper Series 1289, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kostas Tsekouras & Irene Daskalopoulou, 2006. "Market Concentration and Multifaceted Productive Efficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 79-91, 04.
- Lyons, Bruce & Matraves, Catherine & Moffatt, Peter, 2001. "Industrial Concentration and Market Integration in the European Union," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(269), pages 1-26, February.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1996. "Competition and Corporate Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 724-746, August.
- Nickell, S.J., 1993. "Competition and Crporate Performance," Economics Series Working Papers 99155, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Nickell, 1993. "Competition and Corporate Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0182, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Robert Vossen, 1999. "Market Power, Industrial Concentration and Innovative Activity," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(4), pages 367-378, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.