Il rischio di liquidità: regolamentazione e best practice
[Liquidity Risk: Supervisory Models and Best Practices]
In the light of the recent financial market turmoil, this paper focuses on liquidity risk management from the point of view of both supervisory authorities and large financial institutions. This research aims at pointing out the main differences between national regulations and supervisory regimes in the most important EU Countries (UK, DE, IT, FR, SP), trying to explain the rationale and the limits of the different approaches. Taking into account liquidity risk management models adopted in the major banking groups within the same countries, this paper also suggests the most significant issues to be considered in order to implement effective liquidity risk management. Areas of convergence/divergence at international level are highlighted and “food for thought” is offered on a subject that is gaining more and more attention of academics and officials worldwide, that is to say the importance of finding regulatory solutions and management models suited to 'remove' systemic crisis.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Bancaria March.3(2009): pp. 65-83|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Praet, P. & Herzberg, V., 2008. "Market liquidity and banking liquidity: linkages, vulnerabilities and the role of disclosure," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 11, pages 95-109, February.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Vives, Xavier, 2004.
"Coordination Failures and the Lender of Last Resort : Was Bagehot Right After All?,"
IDEI Working Papers
294, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Xavier Vives, 2004. "Coordination Failures and the Lender of Last Resort: Was Bagehot Right After All?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(6), pages 1116-1147, December.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Xavier Vives, 2002. "Coordination Failures and the Lender of Last Resort: Was Bagehot Right After All?," FMG Discussion Papers dp408, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Vives, Xavier, 2002. "Coordination Failures and the Lender of Last Resort: Was Bagehot Right After All?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3233, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Vives, Xavier, 2002. "Coordination failures and the lender of last resort : was Bagehot right after all?," HWWA Discussion Papers 184, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Xavier Vives, 2002. "Coordination failures and the lender of last resort: was Bagehot right after all?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24928, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2004.
"Liquidity Black Holes,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 8(1), pages 1-18.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2003. "Liquidity Black Holes," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1434, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hyun Song Shin & Stephen Morris, 2004. "Liquidity Black Holes," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 620, Econometric Society.
- Hyun Song Shin & Stephen Morris, 2004. "Liquidity Black Holes," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 644, Econometric Society.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2004. "Liquidity Black Holes," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm425, Yale School of Management.
- Lev Ratnovski, 2013.
"Liquidity and Transparency in Bank Risk Management,"
IMF Working Papers
13/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Ratnovski, Lev, 2013. "Liquidity and transparency in bank risk management," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 422-439.
- Holmstrom, B & Tirole, J, 1996.
"Private and Public Supply of Liquidity,"
96-21, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1998.
"Optimal Financial Crises,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1245-1284, 08.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.