The economics and philosophy of globalization
The economics and philosophy of Globalization are generally not discussed together. This paper assesses the claims of economic prosperity through economic integration in the backdrop of cultural, political and social value system implications of Globalization. This debate becomes important when we see a major part of developing world still struggling with impoverishment while cheerleaders of Globalization already claim a success story out of increased integration of developed and developing economies post 1980s.
|Date of creation:||20 Jan 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glaeser, Edward L. & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2004.
"Do Institutions Cause Growth?,"
27867242, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-93, September.
- Mamoon, Dawood & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2011. "Beyond Institutionalism: There Lies a Good Set of Trade Policies," MPRA Paper 29532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Shahe Emran & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2009. "Financial Liberalization, Financial Restraint and Entrepreneurial Development," Working Papers 2009-02, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Daron Acemoglu & Pierre Yared, 2010.
"Political Limits to Globalization,"
NBER Working Papers
15694, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dani Rodrik, 2000. "How Far Will International Economic Integration Go?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 177-186, Winter.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36091. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.