Impact of global growth fluctuations on India: an empirical study
The article examines how growth fluctuations in major trading partner countries of the world have affected the Indian economy since its liberalization from the mid 1990s. This empirical study confirms that domestic output of India was strongly influenced by global shocks. The findings are not surprising as India’s trade and financial integration with the rest of the world has been on the rise.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jack Boorman & José Fajgenbaum & Manu Bhaskaran & Harpaul Alberto Kohli & Drew Arnold, 2010. "The New Resilience of Emerging Market Countries: Weathering the Recent Crisis in the Global Economy," Papers Presented at Global Meetings of the Emerging Markets Forum 2010resilence, Emerging Markets Forum.
- D Subbarao, 2008. "The Global Financial Turmoil and Challenges for the Indian Economy," Working Papers id:1808, eSocialSciences.
- Duvvuri Subbarao, 2009. "Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on India Collateral Damage and Response," Working Papers id:1870, eSocialSciences.
- Jack Boorman, 2009. "The Impact of the Financial Crisis on Emerging Market Economies: The Transmission Mechanism, Policy Response and Lessons," Papers Presented at Global Meetings of the Emerging Markets Forum 2009crisisimpact, Emerging Markets Forum.
- Pami Dua, 2008.
"Interest Rate Modeling and Forecasting in India,"
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.