A DEA Analysis of Bank Performance in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve, 1999. "The productivity effects of bank mergers: Evidence from the UK building societies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 825-846, May.
- Canhoto, Ana & Dermine, Jean, 2003. "A note on banking efficiency in Portugal, New vs. Old banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 2087-2098, November.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Berg, Sigbjorn Atle & Forsund, Finn R & Jansen, Eilev S, 1992. " Malmquist Indices of Productivity Growth during the Deregulation of Norwegian Banking, 1980-89," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(0), pages 211-228, Supplemen.
- Drake, Leigh & Hall, Maximilian J. B., 2003. "Efficiency in Japanese banking: An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 891-917, May.
- Casu, Barbara & Girardone, Claudia & Molyneux, Philip, 2004. "Productivity change in European banking: A comparison of parametric and non-parametric approaches," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 2521-2540, October.
- Mukherjee, Kankana & Ray, Subhash C. & Miller, Stephen M., 2001. "Productivity growth in large US commercial banks: The initial post-deregulation experience," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 913-939, May.
- Altunbas, Yener & Evans, Lynne & Molyneux, Philip, 2001. "Bank Ownership and Efficiency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(4), pages 926-954, November.
- Sherman, H. David & Gold, Franklin, 1985. "Bank branch operating efficiency : Evaluation with Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 297-315, June.
- J. Maudos & J. M. Pastor, 2003. "Cost and profit efficiency in the Spanish banking sector (1985-1996): a non-parametric approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 1-12.
- Favero, Carlo A., 2001. "Applied Macroeconometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296850.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Usman Owolabi Akeem & Fadipe Moses, 2014. "An Empirical Analysis of Allocative Efficiency of Nigerian CommercialBanks: A DEA Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 465-475.
- Kryklii, Olena & Pavlenko, Ludmila & Podvihin, Sergei, 2013. "Cost-effectiveness analysis of Ukrainian banks using the DEA method," MPRA Paper 60481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDEA; BANK PERFORMANCE; NIGERIA;
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.