Attitudes of Turkish students towards markets: A comparison
This study evaluates attitudes of Turkish university students towards markets and influence of taking a course in economics on these attitudes, and compares the results with students in other countries. The study results show that the opinions of university students in Turkey about the justice of market relations are negative compared to students from other countries; and, unlike other countries’ students, taking a course in economics does not change this attitude.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Shiller & Maxim Boycko & Vladimir Korobov, 1990.
"Popular Attitudes Towards Free Markets: The Soviet Union and the United States Compared,"
NBER Working Papers
3453, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiller, Robert J & Boycko, Maxim & Korobov, Vladimir, 1991. "Popular Attitudes toward Free Markets: The Soviet Union and the United States Compared," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 385-400, June.
- Robert J. Shiller & Maxim Boycko & Vladimir Korobov, 1990. "Popular Attitudes Towards Free Markets: The Soviet Union and the United States Compared," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 952, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Nader Habibi, 1995. "Popular Attitudes Toward Free Markets in Iran, the Former Soviet Union and the United States," Working Papers 9515, Economic Research Forum, revised Jul 1995.
- Hemesath, Michael & Pomponio, Xun, 1995. "Student attitudes toward markets: Comparative survey data from China, the United States and Russia," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 225-238.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.