A study on influencers of total sales revenue of generic pharmaceutical companies in Indonesia
This paper empirically examines the influence of firms’ one-year lagged of total new products (t-1), one-year lagged profitability (t-1), and market share of new products to firms’ amount of sales revenue in pharmaceutical generic companies in Indonesia. The data used in this study was panel dataset, gathered from six large pharmaceutical generic companies in Indonesia, during the period 2006 to 2010. The regression analysis method uses fixed effect models, with generalized least squares (GLS) method. The result shows that firms’ one-year lagged of total new product (t-1), one-year lagged profitability (t-1), and market share of new products to be positive and affect significantly the firms’ sales revenue in the pharmaceutical generic companies in Indonesia.
|Date of creation:||17 Jun 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kurt R. Brekke & Tor Helge Holmås & Odd Rune Straume, 2008. "Regulation, generic competition and pharmaceutical prices: Theory and evidence from a natural experiment," NIPE Working Papers 01/2008, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Iván Moreno Torres & Jaume Puig & Joan-Ramon Borrell-Arqué, 2007.
"Generic entry into a regulated pharmaceutical market,"
Economics Working Papers
1014, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Iván Moreno Torres & Jaume Puig & Joan-Ramon Borrell-Arqué, 2007. "Generic entry into a regulated pharmaceutical market," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 1014, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Stremersch, S. & Lemmens, A., 2008. "Sales Growth of New Pharmaceuticals Across the Globe: The Role of Regulatory Regimes," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-026-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- David Reiffen & Michael R. Ward, 2005. "Generic Drug Industry Dynamics," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 37-49, February.
- repec:reg:rpubli:202 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.