Linking farmers to markets through valorisation of local resources:the case for intellectual property rights of indigenous resources
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bienabe, Estelle & Bramley, Cerkia & Kirsten, Johann & Troskie, Dirk, 2011. "Linking farmers to markets through valorisation of local resources: the case for intellectual property rights of indigenous resources," Working Papers 206511, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
- Bienabe, Estelle & Bramley, Cerkia & Kirsten, Johann F. & Troskie, Dirk P., 2010. "Linking farmers to markets through valorisation of local resources: the case for intellectual property rights of indigenous resources," Reports 108283, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bramley, Cerkia & Kirsten, Johann F., 2007. "Exploring the Economic Rationale for Protecting Geographical Indicators in Agriculture," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(1), March.
- Barjolle, Dominique & Sylvander, Bertil, 1999. "Some factors of success for origin labelled products in agri-food supply chains in Europe : market, internal resources and institutions," 67th Seminar, October 28-30, 1999, LeMans, France 241033, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsGeographical indications; indigenous resources; intellectual property rights; collectivae action; Southern Africa;
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-06-25 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-06-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2011-06-25 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-IPR-2011-06-25 (Intellectual Property Rights)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .