Estimates of the Sticky-Information Phillips Curve for the USA with the General to Specific Method
This paper tests for the time series properties of the variables in the sticky information Phillips curve and estimates it for the US with the general to specific method (GETS). Our results show that the estimates of the stickiness parameter range from 0.25 to 0.42.
|Date of creation:||12 Feb 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- B. Bhaskara Rao, 2007.
"Estimating short and long-run relationships: a guide for the applied economist,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(13), pages 1613-1625.
- Bhaskara Rao, 2005. "Estimating Short and Long Run Relationships: A Guide to the Applied Economist," Econometrics 0508013, EconWPA.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2003.
"Macroeconomic Expectations Of Households And Professional Forecasters,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 118(1), pages 269-298, February.
- Christopher Carroll, 2003. "RATS code for Macroeconomic Expectations Of Households And Professional Forecasters," QM&RBC Codes 36, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Christopher D Carroll, 2002. "Macroeconomic Expectations of Households and Professional Forecasters," Economics Working Paper Archive 477, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Khan, Hashmat & Zhu, Zhenhua, 2006. "Estimates of the Sticky-Information Phillips Curve for the United States," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(1), pages 195-207, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.