Corporate governance in the Netherlands
This study answers some elimentary questions about Dutch shareholding structures, such as the structure in the Netherlands in comparison with other countries and the change in investors groups' interests in shares investments. We concentrate on banks. Banks have a particular position in that they can be a lender as well as an investor in a certain company. Their investments' possibilities in risky assets have always been restricted in order to protect the bank's creditors, though these restrictions weakened in the early eighties. We provide insights in their portfolio investments' behaviour. In addition to this statistical evidence, the recent Dutch discussion on corporate governance is summarized. This can encourage an international discussion.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Publication status:||Published in Corporate governance, financial markets and global convergence - Balling et al (eds) (1998): pp. 89-110|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Corporate Governance: Some Theory and Implications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 678-689, May.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation," Scholarly Articles 29407535, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Cubbin, John S & Leech, Dennis, 1983. "The Effect of Shareholding Dispersion on the Degree of Control in British Companies: Theory and Measurement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(37), pages 351-369, June.
- Kester, W Carl, 1992. "Industrial Groups as Systems of Contractual Governance," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 24-44, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28694. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.