Domestic Work Time in Sierra Leone
The objective of this paper is to provide a descriptive analysis of domestic work time in Sierra Leone using a 2003-2004 household survey that for the first time provides information on time use. Basic statistics on the time allocated to domestic work according to gender, age, urban/rural location status, household consumption status, access to infrastructure, employment, and migration are provided, together with a regression analysis examining the determinants or correlates of domestic time use.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Gender Disparities in Africa’s Labor Markets, World Bank, Washington, DC (edited by J. S. Arbache, A. Kolev, and E. Filipiak) (2010): pp. 333-356|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000.
"Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C158-75, March.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 1999. "Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2116, The World Bank.
- C. Mark Blackden & Quentin Wodon, 2006. "Gender, Time Use, and Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7214, August.
- Bardasi, Elena & Wodon, Quentin, 2006.
"Measuring Time Poverty and Analyzing Its Determinants: Concepts and Application to Guinea,"
11082, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Quentin Wodon & Elena Bardasi, 2006. "Measuring Time Poverty and Analyzing its Determinants: Concepts and Application to Guinea," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(12), pages 1-7.
- Wodon, Quentin & Beegle, Kathleen, 2006. "Labor Shortages Despite Underemployment? Seasonality in Time Use in Malawi," MPRA Paper 11083, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.