Econometría espacial: una aplicación a los problemas de sobrepeso y obesidad en las provincias de Argentina
[Spatial econometrics: an application to obesity indicators in Argentinian provinces]
Despite their vigorous expansion in the last 30 years in the field of econometrics, spatial models are still not widely disseminated in the empirical literature in Argentina focused on quantitative aspects of regional scope. This paper aims to present the central lines of spatial econometric analysis applied to the problem of overweight in the population and its determinants. We use provincial data from the National Survey on Risk Factors. The results show that conventional econometric tools are insufficient for identifying the individual impact of income, poverty or education on the phenomenon of overweight.
|Date of creation:||16 Nov 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Parent, Olivier & LeSage, James P., 2010.
"A spatial dynamic panel model with random effects applied to commuting times,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 633-645, June.
- Olivier Parent & James P. Lesage, 2010. "A Spatial Dynamic Panel Model with Random Effects Applied to Commuting Times," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2010-01, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Parent, Olivier & LeSage, James P., 2011. "A space-time filter for panel data models containing random effects," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 475-490, January.
- Olivier Parent & James P. Lesage, 2009. "A space-time filter for panel data models containing random effects," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2009-04, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Anselin, Luc, 1992. "Space and applied econometrics : Introduction," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 307-316, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26878. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.