Jump-Diffusion Calibration using Differential Evolution
The estimation of a jump-diffusion model via Differential Evolution is presented. Finding the maximum likelihood estimator for such processes is a tedious task due to the multimodality of the likelihood function. The performance of the Differential Evolution algorithm is compared to standard optimization techniques.
|Date of creation:||16 Oct 2010|
|Date of revision:||25 Oct 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katharine M. Mullen & David Ardia & David L. Gil & Donald Windover & James Cline, .
"DEoptim: An R Package for Global Optimization by Differential Evolution,"
Journal of Statistical Software,
American Statistical Association, vol. 40(i06).
- Mullen, Katharine M. & Ardia, David & Gil, David L. & Windover, Donald & Cline, James, 2009. "DEoptim: An R Package for Global Optimization by Differential Evolution," MPRA Paper 21743, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Dec 2010.
- Ardia, David & Boudt, Kris & Carl, Peter & Mullen, Katharine M. & Peterson, Brian, 2010. "Differential Evolution (DEoptim) for Non-Convex Portfolio Optimization," MPRA Paper 22135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Torous, Walter N., 1983. "A Simplified Jump Process for Common Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 53-65, March.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.