Communication, correlation and cheap-talk in games with public information
This paper studies extensive form games with perfect information and simultaneous moves, henceforth called games with public information. On this class, we prove that all communication equilibrium payoffs can be obtained without mediator by cheap-talk procedures. The result encompasses repeated games and stochastic games.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aumann, Robert J., 1974.
"Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 67-96, March.
- R. Aumann, 2010. "Subjectivity and Correlation in Randomized Strategies," Levine's Working Paper Archive 389, David K. Levine.
- Forges, Francoise, 1990.
Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1341-64, November.
- Renault, Jérôme & Tomala, Tristan, 2004.
"Communication equilibrium payoffs in repeated games with imperfect monitoring,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/6103, Paris Dauphine University.
- Renault, Jerome & Tomala, Tristan, 2004. "Communication equilibrium payoffs in repeated games with imperfect monitoring," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 313-344, November.
- Crawford, Vincent P & Sobel, Joel, 1982.
"Strategic Information Transmission,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1431-51, November.
- Eilon Solan & Nicolas Vieille, 1998.
"Correlated Equilibrium in Stochastic Games,"
1226, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Heller, Yuval, 2005.
"A minority-proof cheap-talk protocol,"
7716, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Feb 2008.
- Forges, Francoise M, 1986.
"An Approach to Communication Equilibria,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1375-85, November.
- Joseph Farrell & Matthew Rabin, 1996. "Cheap Talk," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 103-118, Summer.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1984.
"Multistage Games with Communication,"
590, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dino Gerardi, 2002.
"Unmediated Communication in Games with Complete and Incomplete Information,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1371, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gerardi, Dino, 2004. "Unmediated communication in games with complete and incomplete information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 104-131, January.
- Solan, Eilon & Vieille, Nicolas, 2002. "Correlated Equilibrium in Stochastic Games," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6019, Paris Dauphine University.
- Eilon Solan, 2001. "Characterization of correlated equilibria in stochastic games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 259-277.
- Martin J Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2009.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
814577000000000225, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Kaneko, Mamoru, 1984.
"Information patterns and Nash equilibria in extensive games: 1,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 111-139, October.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Kaneko, Mamoru, 1985. "Information patterns and Nash equilibria in extensive games -- II," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 247-262, December.
- Pradeep Dubey & Mamoru Kaneko, 1983. "Information Patterns and Nash Equilibria in Extensive Games," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 676, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Amparo Urbano & Jose E. Vila, 2002. "Computational Complexity and Communication: Coordination in Two-Player Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(5), pages 1893-1927, September.
- Ben-Porath, Elchanan, 2003. "Cheap talk in games with incomplete information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 45-71, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25895. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.