The Role of Employees in Training Decisions in Canada
The purpose of this article is not to question the need to provide more employee education and training or to encourage employers to invest more in employee development. Rather, it is to show that the decisions of employees themselves have as much to do with employee education and training as do those of employers. Consequently, the promotion of training requires addressing all workplace partners, not just employers, but also employees themselves, as well as governments, unions and educational institutions.
|Date of creation:||Sep 1996|
|Publication status:||Published in Canadian Business Economics (1996): pp. 71-80|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas J. Kane & Dietmar Harhoff, 1997.
"Is the German apprenticeship system a panacea for the U.S. labor market?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 171-196.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Kane, Thomas J., 1995. "Is the German apprenticeship system a panacea for the US labour market?," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-19, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Kane, Thomas J, 1996. "Is the German Apprenticeship System a Panacea for the US Labour Market?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- S Black & L Lynch, 1997. "Beyond the Incidence of Training," CEP Discussion Papers dp0362, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Graham S. Lowe & Harvey Krahn, 1995. "Job-Related Education and Training Among Younger Workers," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 21(3), pages 362-378, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25744. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.