Editor’s introduction. the future of agricultural biotechnology: creative destruction, adoption, or irrelevance?–in honor of Prof. Vittorio Santaniello
With the death of Prof. Vittorio Santaniello in the summer of 2007, the International Consortium for Agricultural Biotechnology Research (ICABR) lost one of its most enthusiastic founders and most important contributors. This special issue celebrates Prof. Santaniello’s commitment to the establishment of an independent forum of discussion for agricultural biotechnology issues by collecting high-quality, peerreviewed scientific contributions to the ICABR Conference held June 12-14, 2008 in Ravello, Italy. The conference theme, The Future of Agricultural Biotechnology: Creative Destruction, Adoption, or Irrelevance? in Honor of Vittorio Santaniello, was an invitation to look at the current status of scientific knowledge in agricultural biotechnology and to the new challenges ahead. Participants from around the world found their way to the Amalfi Coast to present their contributions and begin to pave the road ahead. Their efforts were framed by seven excellent plenary sessions.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in AgBioForum 1.12(2009): pp. 1-3|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Skevas, Theodoros & Wesseler, Justus & Fevereiro, Pedro, 2009. "Coping with ex-ante regulations for planting Bt maize: the Portuguese experience," MPRA Paper 25609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wesseler, Justus, 2009. "The Santaniello theorem of irreversible benefits," MPRA Paper 25602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dillen, Koen & Demont, Matty & Tollens, Eric, 2008. "The Global Welfare Effects of GM Sugar Beet under Changing Sugar Policies," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43944, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zilberman, David & Hochman, Gal & Kaplan, Scott & Kim, Eunice, 2014. "Political Economy of Biofuel," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(1).
- Pasquale Lucio Scandizzo, 2010. "Science and Technology in World Agriculture: Narratives and Discourses," CEIS Research Paper 172, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 08 Nov 2010.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.