On the Globalness of Emerging Multinationals: A Study of Indian MNEs
Contrary to contentions in prior literature that emerging multinationals are only regional players, the evidence on the globalness of Indian firms presented in this study suggests that a number of emerging multinationals are global firms. Their strategies are targeted at both the developed and developing markets with the intensity of their overseas operations comparable or far greater than those of the world’s leading multinationals. Many of these firms have greater sales or capital assets outside their home base. Indeed, many of them qualify as global firms as they have a significant presence (over 10 percent of sales) in each of the four regions (triad and the non-triad developing regions) and no one region accounts for more than 50 per cent of their global sales. The study of the transformation of emerging multinationals into non-home region players provides considerable potential for better understanding management theories and practices.
|Date of creation:||09 Sep 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004. "Regional Transnationals and Triad Strategy," Working Papers 2004-20, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2008. "India’s Emerging Multinationals in Developed Region," MPRA Paper 12361, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004.
"A perspective on regional and global strategies of multinational enterprises,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(1), pages 3-18, January.
- Alan M. Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 2004. "A Perspective on Regional and Global Strategies of Multinational Enterprises," Working Papers 2004-19, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Mathews, John A., 2002. "Dragon Multinational: A New Model for Global Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195121469.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash & Singh, Neelam, 2010. "Group Affiliation and Location of Indian Firms’ Foreign Acquisitions," MPRA Paper 24018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.