The need for government and central bank intervention in financial regulation: Free banking and the challenges of information uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George J. Benston & George G. Kaufman, 1988. "Risk and solvency regulation of depository institutions: past policies and current options," Staff Memoranda 88-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Dowd, Kevin, 1996. "The Case for Financial Laissez-Faire," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 679-687, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ojo, Marianne, 2010. "Redefining a role for central banks: The increased importance of central banks’ roles in the management of liquidity risks and macro prudential supervision in the aftermath of the Financial Crisis," MPRA Paper 25884, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsasymmetric information; lender of last resort; central banks; systemic; regulation; deposit insurance; free banking;
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2010-06-26 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-IAS-2010-06-26 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2010-06-26 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2010-06-26 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .