On the Truly Noncooperative Game of Life on Earth: Darwin, Hardin, & Ostrom's Nontrivial Errors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nash, John, 1953. "Two-Person Cooperative Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 21(1), pages 128-140, April.
- Funk, Matt, 2009. "On the Problem of Economic Power: Lessons from the Natural History of the Hawaiian Archipelago," MPRA Paper 19371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Funk, Matt, 2009. "On the Travesty of the Tragedy of the Commons: Hardin's Nontrivial Error," MPRA Paper 19203, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Ehrlich & Anne Ehrlich, 2008. "Nature’s Economy and the Human Economy," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 9-16, January.
- Funk, Matt, 2009. "On the Truly Noncooperative Game of Life on Earth: In Search of the Unity of Nature & Evolutionary Stable Strategy," MPRA Paper 16534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable economic development; tragedy of the commons; noncooperative games; natural selection; global threats; food security; national security; human survival;
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-01-16 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-01-16 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2010-01-16 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2010-01-16 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2010-01-16 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.