Self-Enforcing Climate Change Treaties: A Generalized Differential Game Approach with Applications
Based on recent proposals on non cooperative dynamic games for analysing climate negotiation outcomes, such as Dutta and Radner (2004, 2006a), we generalize a specific framework for modelling differential games of this type and describe the set of conditions for the existence of closed loop dynamics and its relation to adaptive evolutionary dynamics. We then show that the Dutta and Radner (2004, 2006a) discrete time dynamic setup is a specific case of that generalization and describe the dynamics both analytically and numerically for closed loop feedback and perfect state patterns. Our discussion is completed with the introduction of a cooperative differential framework for welfare analysis purposes, within our non cooperative proposal for climate negotiations.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kossioris, G. & Plexousakis, M. & Xepapadeas, A. & de Zeeuw, A.J. & Mäler, K-G., 2008.
"Feedback Nash equilibria for non-linear differential games in pollution control,"
Other publications TiSEM
40605796-65cd-476f-8e92-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kossioris, G. & Plexousakis, M. & Xepapadeas, A. & de Zeeuw, A. & Mäler, K.-G., 2008. "Feedback Nash equilibria for non-linear differential games in pollution control," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1312-1331, April.
- Hofbauer, Josef & Oechssler, Jörg & Riedel, Frank, 2009.
"Brown-von Neumann-Nash dynamics: The continuous strategy case,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 406-429, March.
- Hofbauer, Josef & Oechssler, Jörg & Riedel, Frank, 2005. "Brown-von Neumann-Nash dynamics : the continuous strategy case," Papers 05-41, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Josef Hofbauer & Jörg Oechssler, 2005. "Brown-von Neumann-Nash Dynamics: The Continuous Strategy Case," Working Papers 0424, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2005.
- Hofbauer, Josef & Oechssler, Jörg & Riedel, Frank, 2005. "Brown-von Neumann-Nash Dynamics: The Continuous Strategy Case," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 05-41, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Josef Hofbauer & Jörg Oechssler & Frank Riedel, 2005. "Brown-von Neumann-Nash Dynamics: The Continuous Strategy Case," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse38_2005, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Josef Hofbauer & Joerg Oechssler & Frank Riedel, 2005. "Brown-von Neumann-Nash Dynamics: The Continuous Strategy Case," Game Theory and Information 0512003, EconWPA.
- Antoci, Angelo & Gay, Antonio & Landi, Massimiliano & Sacco, Pier Luigi, 2008.
"Global analysis of an expectations augmented evolutionary dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 3877-3894, December.
- Massimiliano Landi, 2007. "Global Analysis of an Expectations Augmented Evolutionary Dynamics," Development Economics Working Papers 22463, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Angelo Antoci & Antonio Gay & Massimiliano Landi & Pier Luigi Sacco, 2007. "Global Analysis of an Expectations Augmented Evolutionary Dynamics," Working Papers 25-2007, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- GERMAIN, Marc & VAN STEENBERGHE, Vincent, 2001. "Constraining equitable allocations of tradable greenhouse gases emission quotas by acceptability," CORE Discussion Papers 2001005, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Christiane Clemens & Thomas Riechmann, 2006. "Evolutionary Dynamics in Public Good Games," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 399-420, November.
- Christophe Deissenberg & Herbert Dawid & Pavel Å evÄ?Ãk, 2006. "Gullibility and Welfare in an Environmental Taxation Game," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 505, Society for Computational Economics.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 431-455, August.
- Christophe Deissenberg & Herbert Dawid & Pavel Sevcik, 2004. "Cheap Talk, Gullibility, and Welfare in an Environmental Taxation Game," Working Papers 2004.137, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Albert Faber & Koen Frenken, 2008. "Models in evolutionary economics and environmental policy: Towards an evolutionary environmental economics," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 08-15, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Apr 2008.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17889. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.