Normal versus Noncentral Chi-square Asymptotics of Misspecified Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- R. Golden, 2003. "Discrepancy Risk Model Selection Test theory for comparing possibly misspecified or nonnested models," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 229-249, June.
- Yuan, Ke-Hai & Hayashi, Kentaro & Bentler, Peter M., 2007. "Normal theory likelihood ratio statistic for mean and covariance structure analysis under alternative hypotheses," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(6), pages 1262-1282, July.
- McManus, Douglas A., 1991. "Who Invented Local Power Analysis?," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 265-268, June.
- Shapiro, Alexander, 2009. "Asymptotic normality of test statistics under alternative hypotheses," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 936-945, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:psycho:v:83:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11336-017-9574-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hao Wu & Michael Browne, 2015. "Quantifying Adventitious Error in a Covariance Structure as a Random Effect," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 571-600, September.
- Hao Wu & Michael Browne, 2015. "Random Model Discrepancy: Interpretations and Technicalities (A Rejoinder)," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 619-624, September.
- Albert Satorra, 2015. "A Comment on a Paper by H. Wu and M. W. Browne (2014)," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 80(3), pages 613-618, September.
More about this item
KeywordsModel misspecification; covariance structure analysis; maximum likelihood; generalized least squares; discrepancy function; noncentral chi-square distribution; normal distribution; factor analysis;
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.