Discrepancy Risk Model Selection Test theory for comparing possibly misspecified or nonnested models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hidetoshi Shimodaira, 1997. "Assessing the Error Probability of the Model Selection Test," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 49(3), pages 395-410, September.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Vuong, Quang H. & Wang, Weiren, 1993. "Minimum chi-square estimation and tests for model selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 141-168, March.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 1998. "Relative valuation roles of equity book value and net income as a function of financial health," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Chen, Kay-Yut & Plott, Charles R., 1998.
"Nonlinear Behavior in Sealed Bid First Price Auctions,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 34-78, October.
- Chen, Kay-Yut & Plott, Charles R., "undated". "Nonlinear Behavior in Sealed Bid First Price Auctions," Working Papers 774, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Douglas Rivers & Quang Vuong, 2002. "Model selection tests for nonlinear dynamic models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(1), pages 1-39, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gospodinov, Nikolay & Kan, Raymond & Robotti, Cesare, 2013.
"Chi-squared tests for evaluation and comparison of asset pricing models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 173(1), pages 108-125.
- Nikolay Gospodinov & Raymond Kan & Cesare Robotti, 2011. "Chi-squared tests for evaluation and comparison of asset pricing models," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2011-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Raymond Kan & Cesare Robotti & Jay Shanken, 2013.
"Pricing Model Performance and the Two-Pass Cross-Sectional Regression Methodology,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 68(6), pages 2617-2649, December.
- Raymond Kan & Cesare Robotti & Jay Shanken, 2009. "Pricing model performance and the two-pass cross-sectional regression methodology," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2009-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Raymond Kan & Cesare Robotti & Jay Shanken, 2009. "Pricing Model Performance and the Two-Pass Cross-Sectional Regression Methodology," NBER Working Papers 15047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shapiro, Alexander, 2009. "Asymptotic normality of test statistics under alternative hypotheses," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(5), pages 936-945, May.
- Jean-Philippe Boucher & Michel Denuit & Montserrat Guillen, 2009. "Number of Accidents or Number of Claims? An Approach with Zero-Inflated Poisson Models for Panel Data," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(4), pages 821-846.
- Jang, Tae-Seok, 2012. "Structural estimation of the New-Keynesian Model: a formal test of backward- and forward-looking expectations," MPRA Paper 40278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chun, So Yeon & Alexander, Shapiro, 2009. "Normal versus Noncentral Chi-square Asymptotics of Misspecified Models," MPRA Paper 17310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jang, Tae-Seok, 2012. "Structural estimation of the New-Keynesian Model: a formal test of backward- and forward-looking expectations," MPRA Paper 39669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard M. Golden & Steven S. Henley & Halbert White & T. Michael Kashner, 2016. "Generalized Information Matrix Tests for Detecting Model Misspecification," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-24, November.
More about this item
Keywordsasymptotic statistical theory; model selection; hypothesis-testing; model misspecification; time-series; m-estimation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:68:y:2003:i:2:p:229-249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .