Identifying the key issues focusing on the costs and benefits of immigration in developed countries
The present paper aims to acquaint concisely about the main issues surrounding the theme "immigration" founded in the literature. This acquaintance is ensured through first (comprising the first part of the corpus), an overall focus on the question of assessing on the one hand the costs and on the other hand the benefits of immigration, through the exploitation of many theories and arguments each being illustrated with specific examples of various developed countries – thus giving a frame for intra and inter-continental comparisons and analysis. Second (comprising the second part of the corpus), this acquaintance is ensured through proceeding to the evaluation and comparison between costs and benefits – by presenting new arguments - in order to seize objectively whether costs overweight benefits or whether not.
|Date of creation:||May 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Storesletten, Kjetil, 1998.
"Sustaining Fiscal Policy Through Immigration,"
664, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- ., 2004. "B," Chapters, in: An Eponymous Dictionary of Economics, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Marc Debuisson & Frédéric Docquier & Abdul Ghafar Noury & Madeleine Nantcho, 2004. "Immigration and aging in the Belgian régions," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 47(1), pages 139-157.
- Xavier Chojnicki, 2004. "The economie impact of immigration for the host countries," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 47(1), pages 9-28.
- ., 2004. "V," Chapters, in: An Eponymous Dictionary of Economics, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Rachel M. Friedberg & J. Hunt, 1995.
"The Impact of Immigrants on Host Country Wages, Employment and Growth,"
95-5, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Rachel M. Friedberg & Jennifer Hunt, 1995. "The Impact of Immigrants on Host Country Wages, Employment and Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 23-44, Spring.
- Dominique M. Gross, 1999. "Three Million Foreigners, Three Million Unemployed? Immigration and the French Labor Market," IMF Working Papers 99/124, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Philip Oreopoulos, 2000. "The Fiscal Effects of U.S. Immigration: A Generational-Accounting Perspective," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 14, pages 123-156 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier, 1998.
"Social Security Benefits of Immigrants and U.S. Born,"
NBER Working Papers
6478, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier, 2000. "Social Security Benefits of Immigrants and U.S. Born," NBER Chapters, in: Issues in the Economics of Immigration, pages 309-350 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- ., 2004. "W," Chapters, in: An Eponymous Dictionary of Economics, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Glover, Stephen & Gott, Ceri & Loizillon, Anaïs & Portes, Jonathan & Price, Richard & Spencer, Sarah & Srinivasan, Vasanthi & Willis, Carole, 2001. "Migration: an economic and social analysis," MPRA Paper 75900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiswick, Barry R, 1980. "The Earnings of White and Coloured Male Immigrants in Britain," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(185), pages 81-87, February.
- Borjas, George J., 1999. "The economic analysis of immigration," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1697-1760 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.