Bourgeois dignity and liberty: Why economics can’t explain the modern world
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weingast, Barry R. & Wittman, Donald, 2008. "The Oxford Handbook of Political Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199548477.
- Deirdre McCloskey, 2004. "The Bourgeois Virtues," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 5(3), pages 1-16, July.
- Virgil Storr, 2008. "The market as a social space: On the meaningful extraeconomic conversations that can occur in markets," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 21(2), pages 135-150, September.
- Easterlin,Richard A., 2004. "The Reluctant Economist," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521829748.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Chilosi, 2010.
"Poverty, Population, Inequality, and Development: the Historical Perspective,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 7(2), pages 469-501, December.
- Chilosi, Alberto, 2010. "Poverty, Population, Inequality, and Development: the Historical Perspective," MPRA Paper 27761, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordseconomics; innovation; industrial revolution; bourgeoisie; modern world;
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2009-08-30 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2009-08-30 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2009-08-30 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .