The market as a social space: On the meaningful extraeconomic conversations that can occur in markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Higgs, Robert, 2006. "Depression, War, and Cold War: Studies in Political Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195182927.
- Christopher Coyne & Russell Sobel & John Dove, 2010. "The non-productive entrepreneurial process," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 23(4), pages 333-346, December.
- David R. Henderson, 2005. "The Role of Economists in Ending the Draft," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 2(2), pages 362-376, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin, Adam, 2012. "Discovering rhetoric: The ecology of enterprise in the Bourgeois Era," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 757-762.
- John Meadowcroft & Mark Pennington, 2008. "Bonding and bridging: Social capital and the communitarian critique of liberal markets," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 21(2), pages 119-133, September.
- Virgil Henry Storr, 2015. "Economists should study culture," Chapters,in: Culture and Economic Action, chapter 2, pages 11-47 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andrea Migone, 2011. "Embedded markets: A dialogue between F.A. Hayek and Karl Polanyi," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 355-381, December.
- Richard Wagner, 2011. "Municipal corporations, economic calculation, and political pricing: exploring a theoretical antinomy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 149(1), pages 151-165, October.
- McCloskey, Deirdre Nansen, 2009. "Bourgeois dignity and liberty: Why economics can’t explain the modern world," MPRA Paper 16805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Russell Sobel & Nabamita Dutta & Sanjukta Roy, 2010.
"Does cultural diversity increase the rate of entrepreneurship?,"
The Review of Austrian Economics,
Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 269-286, September.
- Russell S. Sobel & Nabamita Dutta & Sanjukta Roy, 2010. "Does Cultural Diversity Increase The Rate Of Entrepreneurship?," Working Papers 10-12, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright, 2014. "Capitalist spirits and connection to place," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 473-481, December.
- Arielle John & Virgil Henry Storr, 2011. "The Sociability and Morality of Market Settlements," Chapters,in: Handbook of Creative Cities, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:jpe:journl:1435 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsThe market; Social space; Swedberg; Lefebvre; Gudeman; Granovetter; B25; B41; 054; Z13;
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revaec:v:21:y:2008:i:2:p:135-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .