Moral Hazard Problem for Rural Labour Households under JFMP: A Study from Forest Dependent Groups in West Bengal
This study seeks to explore policy framework on the impact of moral hazard problem in the JFMP in which government, the owner of forest resource, can not legally monitor actions of JFM households, the agent of the programme, who illegally extract timber forest products. Despite much decrease of illegal collection of TFPs after JFM by the JFM households, some poor JFM households have higher incidence in the illegal extraction of TFPs to meet up their minimum subsistence in which law or force can not effectively control the same which might create more adverse effect on the sustainability of forest resource.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sarker, Debnarayan & Das, Nimai, 2006. "Efficiency of Market Behaviour of NTFPs for Households under JFMP: A Case Study in West Bengal," MPRA Paper 14779, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Sarker, Debnarayan & Das, Nimai, 2006.
"A Study of Economic Outcome of Joint Forest Management Programme in West Bengal: The Strategic Decisions between Government and Forest Fringe Community,"
14875, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Debnarayan Sarker & Nimai Das, 2008. "A Study of Economic Outcome of Joint Forest Management Programme in West Bengal: The Strategic Decisions between Government and Forest Fringe Community," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 17-45, July.
- Sarker, Debnarayan & Das, Nimai, 2004. "Social Capital and Joint Forest Management Programme: A Comparative Study on Female-headed and Joint Forest Protection Committees in West Bengal," MPRA Paper 14780, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2000. "Halting Degradation of Natural Resources: Is There a Role for Rural Communities?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290612, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.