Existence of continuous utility functions for arbitrary binary relations: some sufficient conditions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chateauneuf, Alain, 1987. "Continuous representation of a preference relation on a connected topological space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 139-146, April.
- Back, Kerry, 1986. "Concepts of similarity for utility functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 129-142, April.
- Bosi, G. & Mehta, G. B., 2002. "Existence of a semicontinuous or continuous utility function: a unified approach and an elementary proof," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 311-328, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Carlos R. Alcantud & Gianni Bosi & Magalì Zuanon, 2016. "Richter–Peleg multi-utility representations of preorders," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 80(3), pages 443-450, March.
- Alcantud, José Carlos R. & Bosi, Gianni & Zuanon, Magalì, 2013. "Representations of preorders by strong multi-objective functions," MPRA Paper 52329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordshereditarily Lindeloef space; weakly continuous binary relation; countable network weight; hemicompactness; submetrizability;
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .