Occupational Safety and English Language Proficiency
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Akbar Marvasti, 2010. "Occupational Safety and English Language Proficiency," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 332-347, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Per-Anders Edin & Peter Fredriksson & Olof Åslund, 2003.
"Ethnic Enclaves and the Economic Success of Immigrants—Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(1), pages 329-357.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter & Åslund, Olof, 2000. "Ethnic Enclaves and the Economic Success of Immigrants - Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Working Paper Series 2000:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter & Åslund, Olof, 2000. "Ethnic enclaves and the economic success of immigrants - evidence from a natural experiment," Working Paper Series 2000:9, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Åslund, Olof & Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter, 2001. "Ethnic Enclaves and the Economic Success of Immigrants - Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2729, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edin, P.-A. & Fredriksson, P. & Aslund, O., 2000. "Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Papers 2000-21, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Joni Hersch & W. Kip Viscusi, 2010. "Immigrant Status and the Value of Statistical Life," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(3).
- Mussaddeq Chowdhury & Roberto Pedace, 2007. "Ethnic Enclaves And Labor Markets: An Analysis Of Immigrant Outcomes In California," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(2), pages 238-249, April.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2007.
"Estimating Risk Attitudes in Denmark: A Field Experiment,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 109(2), pages 341-368, June.
- Glenn Harrison & Morten Lau & Elisabet Rutstrom, 2004. "Estimating risk attitudes in denmark: A field experiment," Artefactual Field Experiments 00059, The Field Experiments Website.
- Black, Dan A & Kniesner, Thomas J, 2003.
"On the Measurement of Job Risk in Hedonic Wage Models,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 205-220, December.
- Dan A. Black & Thomas K. Kniesner, 2003. "On the Measurement of Job Risk in Hedonic Wage Models," NCEE Working Paper Series 200306, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Aug 2003.
- Dan A. Black & Thomas J. Kniesner, 2003. "On the Measurement of Job Risk in Hedonic Wage Models," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 49, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Bonin, Holger & Dohmen, Thomas & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Sunde, Uwe, 2007.
"Cross-sectional earnings risk and occupational sorting: The role of risk attitudes,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 926-937, December.
- Bonin, Holger & Dohmen, Thomas & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David B. & Sunde, Uwe, 2006. "Cross-sectional Earnings Risk and Occupational Sorting: The Role of Risk Attitudes," IZA Discussion Papers 1930, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bonin, Holger & Dohmen, Thomas J. & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Sunde, Uwe, 2007. "Cross-sectional earnings risk and occupational sorting: The role of risk attitudes," Munich Reprints in Economics 20204, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Aimee Chin, 2004. "Language Skills and Earnings: Evidence from Childhood Immigrants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 481-496, May.
- John W. Ruser, 1993. "Workers' Compensation and the Distribution of Occupational Injuries," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(3), pages 593-617.
- Peter Berkhout & Joop Hartog & Dinand Webbink, 2010.
"Compensation for Earnings Risk under Worker Heterogeneity,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 762-790, January.
- Berkhout, Peter & Hartog, Joop & Webbink, Dinand, 2006. "Compensation for Earnings Risk under Worker Heterogeneity," IZA Discussion Papers 2074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pia Orrenius & Madeline Zavodny, 2009. "Do immigrants work in riskier jobs?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(3), pages 535-551, August.
- Akbar Marvasti, 2007. "Foreign-Born Teaching Assistants and Student Achievement: An Ordered Probit Analysis," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 51(2), pages 61-71, October.
- Hartog, Joop & Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada & Jonker, Nicole, 2002. "Linking Measured Risk Aversion to Individual Characteristics," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 3-26.
- Kahn, Shulamit, 1987. "Occupational Safety and Workers Preferences: Is There a Marginal Worker?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 262-268, May.
- Nick Adnett & Alistair Dawson, 1998. "The Economic Analysis of Industrial Accidents: a re-assessment," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 241-255.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Cristina Borra, 2013. "On the differential impact of the recent economic downturn on work safety by nativity: the Spanish experience," IZA Journal of Migration, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, December.
- Martina Cioni & Marco savioli, 2011. "Accidents and illnesses at the workplace Evidence from Italy," Department of Economics University of Siena 608, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Pia M. Orrenius & Madeline Zavodny, 2013. "Immigrants in risky occupations," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 11, pages 214-226 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsEnglish Proficiency; Occupational Injury;
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .