Does Ramadan Have Any Effect on Food Prices: A Dual-Calendar Perspective on the Turkish Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghysels,Eric & Osborn,Denise R., 2001. "The Econometric Analysis of Seasonal Time Series," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521565882.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Akmal & Muhammad Usman Abbasi, 2011. "Ramadan Effect on Price Movements: Evidence from Pakistan," Working Papers id:3937, eSocialSciences.
- Kazi Abrar, Hossain & Syed Abul, Basher & A.K. Enamul, Haque, 2017. "Quantifying the impact of Ramadan on global raw sugar prices," MPRA Paper 75941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Akmal & Muhammad Usman Abbasi, 2010. "Ramadan Effect on Price Movements: Evidence from Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 32, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Riaz Riazuddin, 2012. "Construction and Seasonal Patterns of Islamic Hijri Calendar Monthly Time Series: An Application to Consumer Price Index (CPI) in Pakistan," Working Papers id:4927, eSocialSciences.
- Moayedi, Vafa, 2012. "Detecting Islamic Calendar Effects on U.S. Meat Consumption: Is the Muslim Population Larger than Widely Assumed?," MPRA Paper 41554, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mustafa Utku Ozmen & Cagri Sarikaya, 2014. "Enflasyonda Ramazan Etkisi," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1414, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
More about this item
KeywordsSeasonality; Ramadan; Food prices; Calendar effects;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .