A multi-agent growth model based on the von Neumann-Leontief framework
This paper presents a discrete-time growth model to describe the dynamics of a multi-agent economy, and the model consists of production process, exchange process, price and technology adjustment processes etc. Technologies of agents in each period are represented by a technology matrix pair, and some properties of Perron-Frobenius eigenvalues and eigenvectors of technology matrix pairs are discussed. An exchange model is also developed to serve as the exchange part of the growth model. And equilibrium paths of the growth model are proved to be balanced growth paths sharing a unique normalized price vector. Though this paper focuses mainly on the case of n agents and n goods, the growth model can also deal with the case of m agents and n goods. A numerical example with 6 agents and 4 goods is given, which describes the dynamics of a two-country economy and has endogenous price fluctuations and business cycles.
|Date of creation:||08 Aug 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evstigneev, Igor V. & Schenk-Hoppe, Klaus Reiner, 2007.
"Pure and randomized equilibria in the stochastic von Neumann-Gale model,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(7-8), pages 871-887, September.
- I. V. Evstigneev & K. R. Schenk-Hoppé, 2006. "VPure and Randomized Equilibria in the Stochastic von Neumann-Gale model," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0603, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Lionel W. McKenzie, 2012. "turnpike theory," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
- McKenzie, Lionel W, 1976. "Turnpike Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 841-865, September.
- M. Dempster & I. Evstigneev & M. Taksar, 2006. "Asset Pricing and Hedging in Financial Markets with Transaction Costs: An Approach Based on the Von Neumann–Gale Model," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 327-355, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.