A Robust Turnpike Deduced by Economic Maturity
In the paper, a one-sector neoclassical model with stochastic growth has been constructed. The key concept of economic maturity is well-defined in the abstract model economy, and also a thorough characterization of the minimum time needed to economic maturity is supplied for the first time. Moreover, it is confirmed that the capital-labor ratio corresponding to the state of economic maturity indeed provides us with a robust turnpike of the optimal path of capital accumulation.
|Date of creation:||03 Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frank Riedel, 2009. "Optimal Stopping With Multiple Priors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 857-908, 05.
- David De La Croix & Grégory Ponthière, 2008.
"On the Golden Rule of capital accumulation under endogenous longevity,"
PSE Working Papers
- de la Croix, David & Ponthiere, Gregory, 2010. "On the Golden Rule of capital accumulation under endogenous longevity," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 227-238, March.
- DE LA CROIX, David & PONTHIÈRE, Grégory, 2008. "On the Golden Rule of capital accumulation under endogenous longevity," CORE Discussion Papers 2008049, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- David De La Croix & Grégory Ponthière, 2010. "On the Golden Rule of capital accumulation under endogenous longevity," Post-Print halshs-00754468, HAL.
- David, DE LA CROIX, 2008. "On the Golden Rule of capital accumulation under endogenous longevity," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2008032, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Makoto Yano, 1998. "On the Dual Stability of a von Neumann Facet and the Inefficacy of Temporary Fiscal Policy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 427-452, March.
- Chakraborty, Shankha, 2004.
"Endogenous lifetime and economic growth,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 119-137, May.
- Shankha Chakraborty, 2002. "Endogenous Lifetime and Economic Growth," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2002-03, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 26 Jan 2002.
- McKenzie, Lionel W., 1983. "Turnpike theory, discounted utility, and the von Neumann facet," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 330-352, August.
- Zheng Song & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2011.
"Growing Like China,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(1), pages 196-233, February.
- Lionel W. McKenzie, 2012.
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics,
- M. Yano, 2010.
"The Turnpike of Dynamic General Equilibrium Paths and its Insensitivity to Initial Conditions,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1394, David K. Levine.
- Yano, Makoto, 1984. "The turnpike of dynamic general equilibrium paths and its insensitivity to initial conditions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-254, December.
- Alexandre Scheinkman, Jose, 1976. "On optimal steady states of n-sector growth models when utility is discounted," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 11-30, February.
- Fwu-Ranq Chang & A. G. Malliaris, 1987. "Asymptotic Growth under Uncertainty: Existence and Uniqueness," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 169-174.
- Joshi, Sumit, 1997. "Turnpike Theorems in Nonconvex Nonstationary Environments," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(1), pages 225-48, February.
- Bewley, Truman, 1982. "An integration of equilibrium theory and turnpike theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2-3), pages 233-267, September.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"An asymptotic theory of growth under uncertainty,"
673-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Mirman, Leonard J, 1972. "On the Existence of Steady State Measures for One Sector Growth Models with Uncertain Technology," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(2), pages 271-86, June.
- Darong Dai, 2012. "Stochastic Versions of Turnpike Theorems in the Sense of Uniform Topology," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(2), pages 381-423, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48818. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.