Modeling the minimum time needed to economic maturity
A general equilibrium model has been constructed in a stochastic endogenous growth economy driven by an Ito-Levy diffusion process. The minimum time to “economic maturity” for an underdeveloped economy has been computed both in the preference manifold of the modified Ramsey fashion and in that of the modified Radner fashion with its support, i.e., fiscal policies and savings strategy, endogenously determined. Furthermore, the effects of different information structures to the endogenous time have been thoroughly investigated, and local sensitivity analyses of optimal consumption per capita with respect to the initial level of capital stock per capita have been smoothly incorporated into the current macroeconomic model.
|Date of creation:||01 Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:||31 Jul 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lionel W. McKenzie, 2012.
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics,
- Bewley, Truman, 1982. "An integration of equilibrium theory and turnpike theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2-3), pages 233-267, September.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1997. "The Optimal Tax Rate for Capital Income is Negative," NBER Working Papers 6004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Long, John B, Jr & Plosser, Charles I, 1983. "Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-69, February.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
- Truman Bewley, 2010. "An Integration of Equilibrium Theory and Turnpike Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1381, David K. Levine.
- Philippe Aghion, 2004. "Growth and Development: A Schumpeterian Approach," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 5(1), pages 1-25, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.