Gender Discrimination and Women's Development in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sivakumar, Marimuthu, 2008. "Gender Discrimination and Women's Development in India," MPRA Paper 10901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esteve-Volart, Berta, 2004.
"Gender discrimination and growth: theory and evidence from India,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6641, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Berta Esteve-Volart, 2004. "Gender Discrimination and Growth: Theory and Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 42, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
More about this item
Keywordsgender discrimination; women’s development; legislation for women; education; employment; economic independence; empowerment; decision making and self confidence;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-10-13 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAB-2008-10-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10950. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .