A discussion regarding the economic and legal rights of women in Classical Athens (508-323 BCE)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Fleck & F. Hanssen, 2009. "“Rulers ruled by women”: an economic analysis of the rise and fall of women’s rights in ancient Sparta," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 221-245, July.
- Economou, Emmanouil M. L. & Kyriazis, Nicholas C., 2017. "The emergence and the evolution of property rights in ancient Greece," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 53-77, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kyriazis, Nicholas & Economou, Emmanouel/Marios/Lazaros, 2012. "Property rights and democratic values in Bronze Age and Archaic Greece," MPRA Paper 42399, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McCannon, Bryan C., 2010. "The median juror and the trial of Socrates," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 533-540, December.
- Emmanouil M. L. Economou & Nikolaos A. Kyriazis, 2021. "Achieving Sustainable Financial Transactions under Regimes without a Central Bank—An Intertemporal Comparison," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-13, January.
- Douglas Allen & Vera Lantinova, 2013. "The ancient olympics as a signal of city-state strength," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 23-44, February.
- Bryan C. McCannon, 2018. "Arbitration in classical Athens," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 413-423, December.
- David Skarbek, 2009. "Alertness, local knowledge, and Johnny Appleseed," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 22(4), pages 415-424, December.
- Casari, Marco & Lisciandra, Maurizio, 2015. "Gender Discrimination and Common Property Resources," IZA Discussion Papers 9601, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Casari, Marco & Lisciandra, Maurizio, 2014. "Gender Discrimination and Common Property Resources: a Model," MPRA Paper 57712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emmanouil M. L. Economou & Nikolaos A. Kyriazis & Nicholas C. Kyriazis, 2021. "Managing Financial Risks while Performing International Commercial Transactions. Intertemporal Lessons from Athens in Classical Times," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(11), pages 1-14, October.
- Rick Geddes & Dean Lueck & Sharon Tennyson, 2012. "Human Capital Accumulation and the Expansion of Women's Economic Rights," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(4), pages 839-867.
- Fleck, Robert K. & Hanssen, F. Andrew, 2016. "Persistence and change in age-specific gender gaps: Hollywood actors from the silent era onward," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 36-49.
- Economou, Emmanouel/Marios/Lazaros & Kyriazis, Nicholas & Zachilas, Loukas, 2016. "Interpreting sociopolitical change by using Chaos Theory: A lesson from Sparta and Athens," MPRA Paper 76117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tridimas, George, 2015. "War, disenfranchisement and the fall of the ancient Athenian democracy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 102-117.
- George E. Halkos & Nicholas C. Kyriazis & Emmanouil M. L. Economou, 2021. "Plato as a Game Theorist towards an International Trade Policy," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Emmanouil-Marios L. Economou & Nicholas C. Kyriazis & Nikolaos A. Kyriazis, 2021. "Money Decentralization under Direct Democracy Procedures. The Case of Classical Athens," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(1), pages 1-17, January.
More about this item
KeywordsWomen’s economic and legal rights; Classical Athens;
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2021-05-31 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2021-05-31 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAW-2021-05-31 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:107951. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.