Oil Price Dynamics and Currency-Hedging Behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keele, Luke & Kelly, Nathan J., 2006. "Dynamic Models for Dynamic Theories: The Ins and Outs of Lagged Dependent Variables," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 186-205, April.
- Iwan J. Azis & Hyun S. Shin (ed.), 2014. "Global Shock, Risks, and Asian Financial Reform," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15939.
- Beckmann, Joscha & Czudaj, Robert, 2013. "Oil prices and effective dollar exchange rates," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 621-636.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wesseh, Presley K. & Appiah, Michael Owusu, 2014. "Oil price fluctuation, volatility spillover and the Ghanaian equity market: Implication for portfolio management and hedging effectiveness," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 172-182.
- Bouri, Elie, 2015. "Oil volatility shocks and the stock markets of oil-importing MENA economies: A tale from the financial crisis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 590-598.
- Yun, Won-Cheol & Jae Kim, Hyun, 2010. "Hedging strategy for crude oil trading and the factors influencing hedging effectiveness," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2404-2408, May.
- Hamilton, James D., 2003. "What is an oil shock?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 363-398, April.
- Shuping Shi & Peter C. B. Phillips & Stan Hurn, 2018.
"Change Detection and the Causal Impact of the Yield Curve,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 966-987, November.
- Stan Hurn & Peter C B Phillips & Shuping Shi, 2015. "Change Detection and the Casual Impact of the Yield Curve," NCER Working Paper Series 107, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Stan Hurn & Peter C. B. Phillips & Shu-Ping Shi, 2016. ""Change Detection and the Causal Impact of the Yield Curve," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2058, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chuliá, Helena & Fernández, Julián & Uribe, Jorge M., 2018. "Currency downside risk, liquidity, and financial stability," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 83-102.
- Yu Wang & Lei Liu, 2016. "Spillover effect in Asian financial markets: A VAR-structural GARCH analysis," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 150-176, May.
- Baruník, Jozef & Kočenda, Evžen & Vácha, Lukáš, 2017.
"Asymmetric volatility connectedness on the forex market,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 39-56.
- Jozef Barunik & Evzen Kocenda & Lukas Vacha, 2016. "Asymmetric volatility connectedness on forex markets," Papers 1607.08214, arXiv.org.
- Jozef Barunik & Evzen Kocenda & Lukas Vacha, 2017. "Asymmetric volatility connectedness on the forex market," KIER Working Papers 956, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Jose E. Gomez‐Gonzalez & Jorge Hirs‐Garzon & Jorge M. Uribe, 2020. "Giving and receiving: Exploring the predictive causality between oil prices and exchange rates," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 175-194, March.
- Zhang, Dayong, 2017. "Oil shocks and stock markets revisited: Measuring connectedness from a global perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 323-333.
- Zhang, Yue-Jun & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2010.
"The crude oil market and the gold market: Evidence for cointegration, causality and price discovery,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 168-177, September.
- Yue-Jun Zhang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2009. "The crude oil market and the gold market: Evidence for cointegration, causality and price discovery," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 5, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Khalfaoui, R. & Boutahar, M. & Boubaker, H., 2015. "Analyzing volatility spillovers and hedging between oil and stock markets: Evidence from wavelet analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 540-549.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agudze, Komla & Ibhagui, Oyakhilome, 2020. "Oil Price Dynamics and Currency-Hedging Behavior: Out-of-sample Appendix," MPRA Paper 100950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsOil prices; currency hedging; cross-currency swaps; dollar-won basis; oil import;
- F0 - International Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2020-07-20 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:100949. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.