La titrisation aux États-Unis et au Canada
Since the subprime crisis, securitization by financial institutions has been threatened, both in the U.S. and in Canada. In the U.S., private financial institutions have almost completely stopped their securitization activities. In Canada, the asset-backet commercial paper market is moribund and the new accounting rules (IFRS) hamper the future of residential mortgage securitization. Nevertheless, in spite of obvious weaknesses, securitization contributes to decrease the procyclicality of credit. Public measures must thus be taken to revive these markets.
|Date of creation:||02 Apr 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Pavillon Lucien Brault, 101 rue Saint Jean-Bosco, Gatineau (Québec) J8Y 3G5|
Phone: (819) 595-3900
Fax: (819) 773-1747
Web page: http://www.repad.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Calmès, 2004.
"Regulatory Changes and Financial Structure: The Case of Canada,"
Staff Working Papers
04-26, Bank of Canada.
- Christian Calmès, 2004. "Regulatory Changes and Financial Structure: The Case of Canada," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 140(I), pages 1-35, March.
- Jorge Roldos, 2006. "Disintermediation and Monetary Transmission in Canada," IMF Working Papers 06/84, International Monetary Fund.
- John J. McConnell & Stephen A. Buser, 2011. "The Origins and Evolution of the Market for Mortgage-Backed Securities," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 173-192, December.
- Calmès, Christian & Théoret, Raymond, 2013. "Market-oriented banking, financial stability and macro-prudential indicators of leverage," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 13-34.
- Scopelliti, Alessandro Diego, 2013. "Off-balance sheet credit exposure and asset securitisation: what impact on bank credit supply?," MPRA Paper 43890, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christine Cumming, 1987. "The economics of securitization," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Aut, pages 11-23.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pqs:wpaper:032014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Calmes)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.