Portugal and Spain: catching up and falling behind. A comparative analysis of productivity trends and their causes, 1980-2007
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 1995. "Growth and Macroeconomic Performance in Spain, 1939-93," CEPR Discussion Papers 1104, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bart van Ark & Mary O'Mahoney & Marcel P. Timmer, 2008. "The Productivity Gap between Europe and the United States: Trends and Causes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 25-44, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedrosa Silva Duarte Maria Adelaide & Nunes Simões Marta Cristina, 2014. "Tertiarization and Human Capital: Do They Matter for Growth? Insights From Portugal," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 61(1), pages 1-24, July.
- Marta C. N. Simões & Adelaide Duarte, 2013. "Human Capital and Growth in a Services Economy: the Case of Portugal," GEMF Working Papers 2013-21, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity; Economic growth; Structural change; Technology;
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2011-04-09 (European Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2011-04-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2011-04-09 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .