Private Information: Similarity as Compatibility
We investigate the continuity of equilibrium in differential information economies with a finite number of agents. In this setting, agents can make contingent contracts based on events that are commonly observed. With private information modelled as finite partitions of a compact and metrizable space of states of nature, we introduce a topology on information that takes into account the compatibility of information fields in assessing similarity between private information fields. This topology allows us to establish upper semicontinuity of the private core correspondence.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, 4200 PORTO|
Web page: http://www.fep.up.pt/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kannai, Yakar, 1970. "Continuity Properties of the Core of a Market," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(6), pages 791-815, November.
- Moreno, Diego & Shitovitz, Benyamin & Haimanko, Ori & Einy, Ezra, 2003.
"On the continuity of equilibrium and core correspondences in economies with differential information,"
UC3M Working papers. Economics
we032707, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Ezra Einy & Ori Haimanko & Diego Moreno & Benyamin Shitovitz, 2005. "On the continuity of equilibrium and core correspondences in economies with differential information," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(4), pages 793-812, November.
- Erik Balder & Nicholas Yannelis, 2006. "Continuity properties of the private core," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 29(2), pages 453-464, October.
- Cotter, Kevin D., 1986. "Similarity of information and behavior with a pointwise convergence topology," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 25-38, February.
- Hildenbrand, W & Mertens, J F, 1972.
"Upper Hemi-Continuity of the Equilibrium-Set Correspondence for Pure Exchange Economies,"
Econometric Society, vol. 40(1), pages 99-108, January.
- HILDENBRAND, Werner & MERTENS, Jean-François, . "Upper hemi-continuity of the equilibrium set correspondence for pure exchange economies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 109, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cotter, Kevin D., 1987. "Convergence of information, random variables and noise," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 39-51, February.
- Ezra Einy & Diego Moreno & Benyamin Shitovitz, 2001. "Competitive and core allocations in large economies with differential information," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 18(2), pages 321-332.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.