The Sustainable Green Growth Perspective of Pakistan: In the Context of Environment Friendly Technologies
Policy-makers advocate a fundamental shift towards “Green Growth” as the new qualitatively different growth paradigm. This paper illustrates the green growth perspective of Pakistan to address the question of achieving sustainable green growth in the context of green/environmental technology to maintain and restore the environmental quality and ecological integrity, while meeting the needs of all people with the lowest possible environmental impacts. Pakistan needs both development and access to green technologies that will facilitate the transition to less carbon intensive economy to address the green growth. At this stage it is very important to understand the Pakistan existing level of organisations/institutions to understand their coping strategies. Therefore, the primarily objective of this study is sustainable development in the preamble of green growth/economy perspective of Pakistan. The focused area would be Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), Research and Development (R&D), and Environmental Taxations. We will survey all the related organisations in Pakistan, which are directly or indirectly related to the green growth developmental agenda induced by IPRs, R&D, and Environmental Taxation.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O.Box 1091, Islamabad-44000|
Web page: http://www.pide.org.pk
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ian W.H. Parry & John Norregaard & Dirk Heine, 2012. "Environmental Tax Reform; Principles from Theory and Practice to Date," IMF Working Papers 12/180, International Monetary Fund.
- Ulrich Hoffmann, 2011. "Some Reflections On Climate Change, Green Growth Illusions And Development Space," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 205, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Ghulam Samad & Rabia Manzoor, 2011. "Green Growth: An Environmental Technology Approach," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 50(4), pages 471-490.
- World Bank, 2012. "Inclusive Green Growth : The Pathway to Sustainable Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6058, September.
- Raffaele Della Croce & Christopher Kaminker & Fiona Stewart, 2011. "The Role of Pension Funds in Financing Green Growth Initiatives," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 10, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:ceeccp:2013:04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.