Integrating Gender Perspectives in Evaluating the Efficiency of COFI: The Case of Credit Cooperatives in the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & DeYoung, Robert, 1997.
"Problem loans and cost efficiency in commercial banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 849-870, June.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 1995. "Problem Loans and Cost Efficiency in Commercial Banks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 1997. "Problem loans and cost efficiency in commercial banks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-8, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Lamberte, Mario B., 1995.
"Credit Unions as Channels of Micro-Credit Lines: The Philippine Case,"
DP 1995-25, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B., 1998. "Credit Unions as Channels of Micro-Credit Lines: The Philippine Case," Research Paper Series RPS 1998-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte MB., 1995. "Credit unions as channels of micro-credit lines : The Pilippine case," ILO Working Papers 993127133402676, International Labour Organization.
- Akella, Srinivas R. & Greenbaum, Stuart I., 1988. "Savings and loan ownership structure and expense-preference," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 419-437, September.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Schmidt, Peter & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1979. "Estimating technical and allocative inefficiency relative to stochastic production and cost frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 343-366, February.
- Altunbas, Yener & Evans, Lynne & Molyneux, Philip, 2001. "Bank Ownership and Efficiency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(4), pages 926-954, November.
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker, 1998. "The Impact of Group-Based Credit Programs on Poor Households in Bangladesh: Does the Gender of Participants Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 958-996, October.
- Vander Vennet, Rudi, 2002. "Cost and Profit Efficiency of Financial Conglomerates and Universal Banks in Europe," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 254-282, February.
- Hossain, Mahabub & Diaz, Catalina P., 1997. "Reaching the Poor with Effective Microcredit: Evaluation of a Grameen Bank Replication in the Philippines," Philippine Journal of Development JPD 1997 Vol. XXIV No.2-d, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Graham, Douglas H. & Relampagos, Julius P., 1990. "Credit Unions: An Underrated Mode of Mobilizing and Allocating Resources in Rural Areas," Working Papers WP 1990-21, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Richard S. Barr & Kory A. Killgo & Thomas F. Siems & Sheri Zimmel, 1999. "Evaluating the productive efficiency and performance of U.S. commercial banks," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 99-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Llanto, Gilberto M., 1994. "The Financial Structure and Performance of Philippine Credit Cooperatives," Discussion Papers DP 1994-04, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Graham, Douglas H. & Relampagos, Julius P., 1990. "A Study of the Operations and Performance of Selected Cooperative Credit Unions," Working Papers WP 1990-23, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moreno, Frede G., 2004. "Good governance in microcredit strategy for poverty reduction: Focus on Western Mindanao, Philippines," EconStor Theses, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, number 100634, November.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Manlagnit, Ma. Chelo V., 2004. "Evaluating the Impacts of Competition Policy Reforms on the Efficiency of Philippine Commercial Banks," Discussion Papers DP 2004-46, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsagency costs; efficiency; gender governance; stochastic frontier;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2003-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pidgvph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.